LEARN TO HEAL YOUR BODY NATURALLY
Vegan. Raw. Gluten-free.
- Are you a raw and vegan food newbie who wants to learn how to cook healthy?
- Are you looking to expand your gluten-free menu?
- Are you a long-time raw and vegan foodie in search for new recipes to try?
- Do you want to learn the secret benefits of Ayurvedic Indian spices and how to use them to make your meals healthier and tastier?
Our vegan cooking classes can teach you all that.
- Learn 3 recipes per class. Instructions handout included. No prior experience required.
- Price: $50/person. All classes held at Arya Bhavan restaurant.
- Registration required. No walk-ins. 48-hour notice needed for cancellations.
Looking for a private cooking class for 2 people or more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegan by birth, Chef Kirti is the heart of Arya Bhavan. She has always had a big passion for healthy cooking and has made it her mission to teach others how to make food that is good for the body, the mind, and the soul.
“As a medical doctor I am familiar with chronic illnesses and their link with diet and nutrition. I treat obesity, heart disease, and diabetes mellitus in the hospital and in the clinic every day. The best recommendation we can offer is always prevention. In fact, the earliest intervention I often offer is lifestyle modification. Eating healthy food and getting proper nutrition is key, but having knowledge of food and culinary expertise is important to prepare tasty and healthy food. Fortunately, I discovered cooking classes at Arya Bhavan! Since I have been eating Kirti’s delicious meals, I FEEL healthier and have more energy.”
Alberto Degiovanni, M.D.
“All I can say is WOW”
“I was absolutely blown away by the experience. Kirti has such a warm, positive spirit and energy! She’s the real deal! She taught us so many of her “secrets” learned from years of cooking her delicious food at Arya Bhavan. I cannot wait to test out my new authentic Indian recipes equipped with the knowledge Kirti gave us. Oh and I left completely stuffed too!”
DATE: SUNDAY, JANUARY 19 | 9:30-11:30AM
Recipes For A Seasonal Detox You Can Truly Enjoy
Your body should detox every season (especially after the holidays!) but “detoxing” is not something we usually look forward to. That’s about to change! These recipes will make your detox will bring lots of flavor to your detox.
All the recipes in this class include “raw” food, i.e. food prepared below 118 degrees to preserve all its enzymes, vitamins, proteins, and minerals – all the good stuff our body needs to fight inflammations and stay strong and healthy.
- Veggie Rolls: a mix of avocado, Indian spices and veggies wrapped in collard green with dipping sauce
- Raw Rice: black rice with avocado, vegetables and Indian spices
- Raw Zucchini Soup: a soothing, flavorful detox food
DATE: SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 | 9:30-11:30AM
Up Your Dosa Game!
This is a great class to take if you have already learned to make dosas, as you can add these 3 recipes to make it a great meal. Don’t know how to make dosas? No worries; you can enjoy these foods even without them! And if you are looking to learn to make dosas, check our Cooking with Indian Masala class.
- Sambar Soup: a soup you can dip your dosa into
- Potato Masala: a potato, onion and masala spice mix that you can eat alone or as stuffing for your dosa
- Coconut Chutni
DATE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9 | 9:30-11:30AM
Antioxidants Rich Foods
Antioxidants are essential to keep our body healthy. In this class, we explore recipes that will help you up your antioxidants intake.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: a versatile ingredient you can put in your vegetables and lentils dishes to add flavor and get the powerful health benefits of ginger and garlic (two anti-cancer ingredients you should eat every day!)
- Pau Bhaji: dish to enjoy with rice or bread, made with cauliflower (another anti-cancer, antioxidant food), eggplant, tomato, and a wonderful mix of spices
- Indian Green Beans with Dokli: spice patties with green beans cooked the Indian way (note: this recipe contains gluten)
DATE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23 | 9:30-11:30AM
A Truly Healthy Vegan Burger Meal
Vegan burgers have taken the market by storm but the “vegan” label doesn’t necessarily mean healthy. Pre-packaged vegan burgers are still processed food; they often contain preservatives, additives, and are high in sodium. In this class, we bring you a truly natural, homemade alternative – condiments included!
- Chef Kirti’s Vegan Indian Protein Burger: made with beans, seeds, and spices
- Vegan Indian Mayo: healthy homemade mayonnaise with an Indian flavor and none of the preservatives, additives, and fats you find in pre-packaged processed mayo
- Cilantro & Mint Chutni: refreshing chutni you can eat with your vegan burger and other dishes
DATE: SUNDAY, MARCH 8 | 9:30-11:30AM
Spices & Herbs For Your Belly and Your Hair!
This is a slightly different class where we go in the kitchen and beyond! Explore the powerful benefit of spices and herbs through a staple Indian entree, a useful base ingredient for many dishes, and the secret recipe to make your own, all-natural hair product.
- Thai Chili Garlic Paste: a versatile ingredient you can put in your vegetables and lentils dishes to add a ton of flavor and get the powerful health benefits of thai chili and garlic
- Bhindi Masala: a recipe that teaches you how to make the most of the nutritious okra
- Homemade Leave-in Hair Mask: this is not an edible dish but it will do wonders for your hair! A natural product with coconut oil and herbs that helps your hair grow and regain its strength and luminosity (while smelling great!)
DATE: SUNDAY, MARCH 22 | 9:30-11:30AM
Cooking with Indian Masala
Learn to master healthy cooking with masala, a super spice mix that is a staple of Indian cuisine. One of our most popular classes!
- Masala Dosa: thin crepe you can stuff with spiced potatoes and onions, with a side of chutni
- Chana Masala: a chickpeas-based, high-protein Indian dish and Arya Bhavan favorite
- Masala Tea: Indian spice tea
Register For Classes
Please note: Cancellations are accepted up to 48 hours before the start of the class.
*Indicates a required field.
Dine In Hours
Mon: 6:00 - 9:30pm
Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:30pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:30pm
Saturday Only | 12:00 - 6:00pm
After 6:00pm | a la carte menu
Delivery & Takeout Hours
Mon & Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:00pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:00pm
North: Evanston & Skokie ($35 min. for Skokie)
West: Cicero Avenue ($20 min.)
South: Armitage Avenue ($20 min.)
East: Lake Michigan ($20 min.)
Established in 1998, Arya Bhavan is one of the top vegan and gluten-free restaurants in Chicago, also offering a growing selection of raw dishes.
Our menu has been designed for health-conscious Chicagoans who want to enjoy authentic Indian and fusion cuisine without having to sacrifice the desire (and need) for healthy vegan, gluten-free, and raw food.
Our dishes are made with healthy ingredients and feature a careful balance of necessary nutrients for mind/body wellness.
2508 West Devon Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659