LEARN TO HEAL YOUR BODY NATURALLY
Vegan. Raw. Gluten-free.
- Are you a raw and vegan food newbie who wants to learn how to cook healthy?
- Are you looking to expand your gluten-free menu?
- Are you a long-time raw and vegan foodie in search for new recipes to try?
- Do you want to learn the secret benefits of Ayurvedic Indian spices and how to use them to make your meals healthier and tastier?
Our vegan cooking classes can teach you all that.
- Learn 3 recipes per class. Instructions handout included. No prior experience required.
- Price: $50/person. All classes held at Arya Bhavan restaurant.
- Registration required. No walk-ins. 48-hour notice needed for cancellations.
Looking for a private cooking class for 2 people or more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegan by birth, Chef Kirti is the heart of Arya Bhavan. She has always had a big passion for healthy cooking and has made it her mission to teach others how to make food that is good for the body, the mind, and the soul.
“As a medical doctor I am familiar with chronic illnesses and their link with diet and nutrition. I treat obesity, heart disease, and diabetes mellitus in the hospital and in the clinic every day. The best recommendation we can offer is always prevention. In fact, the earliest intervention I often offer is lifestyle modification. Eating healthy food and getting proper nutrition is key, but having knowledge of food and culinary expertise is important to prepare tasty and healthy food. Fortunately, I discovered cooking classes at Arya Bhavan! Since I have been eating Kirti’s delicious meals, I FEEL healthier and have more energy.”
Alberto Degiovanni, M.D.
“All I can say is WOW”
“I was absolutely blown away by the experience. Kirti has such a warm, positive spirit and energy! She’s the real deal! She taught us so many of her “secrets” learned from years of cooking her delicious food at Arya Bhavan. I cannot wait to test out my new authentic Indian recipes equipped with the knowledge Kirti gave us. Oh and I left completely stuffed too!”
DATE: SUNDAY, JULY 21 | 9:30-11:30AM
Indian Veggie Feast – 2
Yes, vegetables are good for you and should be a BIG part of your diet. But how do you keep your vegetables dishes varied? Our Veggie Feast classes are a good start! Learn how to make 3 tasty vegetable dishes that will satisfy your taste buds, your belly, and your health:
- Indian Vegetable Drumsticks: an anti-bacterial and detoxifying vegetable cooked with chickpea flour; the moringa vegetable contains all the vitamins, minerals and 18 of the 20 amino acids the human body needs
- Indian Green Beans & Eggplant Dish: flavored with Indian spices
- Chinese Okra: a great source of essential nutrients like vitamin A, potassium, manganese and fiber
DATE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 4 | 9:30-11:30AM
Raw Food Cooking – 1
Take your vegan diet to the next level of healthy! All the recipes in this class include “raw” food, i.e. food prepared below 118 degrees to preserve all its enzymes, vitamins, proteins, and minerals – all the good stuff our body needs to fight inflammations and stay strong.
- Veggie Rolls: a mix of avocado, Indian spices and veggies wrapped in collard green with dipping sauce
- Zucchini Soup: a soothing, flavorful detox food
- Raw Rice: black rice with avocado, vegetables and Indian spices
DATE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 18 | 9:30-11:30AM
From Simple Ingredients To Irresistible Dishes
In this class, we’ll take some simple but fundamental ingredients and learn how to create dishes that will soon become a welcome staple of your vegan diet.
- Indian Brussels Sprouts Dish: a whole new way to cook one of the most nutritious vegetables you can eat
- Cabbage and Potato Dish: an Arya Bhavan customer favorite…cabbage and potatoes have never tasted so good!
- Vegan Pancakes: healthy recipe with no eggs or flour
DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 | 9:30-11:30AM
Raw Food Cooking – 2
Take your vegan diet to the next level of healthy! All the recipes in this class include “raw” food, i.e. food prepared below 118 degrees to preserve all its enzymes, vitamins, proteins, and minerals – all the good stuff our body needs to fight inflammations and stay strong. This class can be taken independently from Raw Food Cooking – I.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: a light but fulfilling entree
- Zucchini Pasta: an all-vegetable dish that won’t make you miss regular pasta
- Morning Love: a very energizing juice to get off on the right foot, every day
DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 | 9:30-11:30AM
Sugar-Free, Flour-less Desserts
Say yes to great flavors, no to the bad stuff your body doesn’t need!
- Coconut Macaroons: a guilt-free pleasure for coconut lovers…with an Indian twist
- Chocolate Brownie: give in to your chocolate indulgence…without regrets
- Healthy Protein Bar: snack/dessert using a mix of nuts and seeds and natural sweeteners; you can finally say goodbye to processed, expensive protein bars!
Register For Classes
Please note: Cancellations are accepted up to 48 hours before the start of the class.
*Indicates a required field.
Dine In Hours
Mon: 6:00 - 9:30pm
Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:30pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:30pm
Saturday Only | 12:00 - 6:00pm
After 6:00pm | a la carte menu
Delivery & Takeout Hours
Mon & Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:00pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:00pm
North: Evanston & Skokie ($35 min. for Skokie)
West: Cicero Avenue ($20 min.)
South: Armitage Avenue ($20 min.)
East: Lake Michigan ($20 min.)
Established in 1998, Arya Bhavan is one of the top vegan and gluten-free restaurants in Chicago, also offering a growing selection of raw dishes.
Our menu has been designed for health-conscious Chicagoans who want to enjoy authentic Indian and fusion cuisine without having to sacrifice the desire (and need) for healthy vegan, gluten-free, and raw food.
Our dishes are made with healthy ingredients and feature a careful balance of necessary nutrients for mind/body wellness.
2508 West Devon Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659