LEARN TO HEAL YOUR BODY NATURALLY
Vegan. Raw. Gluten-free.
- Are you a raw and vegan food newbie who wants to learn how to cook healthy?
- Are you looking to expand your gluten-free menu?
- Are you a long-time raw and vegan foodie in search for new recipes to try?
- Do you want to learn the secret benefits of Ayurvedic Indian spices and how to use them to make your meals healthier and tastier?
Our vegan cooking classes can teach you all that.
- Learn 3 recipes per class. Instructions handout included. No prior experience required.
- Price: $50/person. All classes held at Arya Bhavan restaurant.
- Registration required. No walk-ins. 48-hour notice needed for cancellations.
Looking for a private cooking class for 2 people or more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegan by birth, Chef Kirti is the heart of Arya Bhavan. She has always had a big passion for healthy cooking and has made it her mission to teach others how to make food that is good for the body, the mind, and the soul.
“As a medical doctor I am familiar with chronic illnesses and their link with diet and nutrition. I treat obesity, heart disease, and diabetes mellitus in the hospital and in the clinic every day. The best recommendation we can offer is always prevention. In fact, the earliest intervention I often offer is lifestyle modification. Eating healthy food and getting proper nutrition is key, but having knowledge of food and culinary expertise is important to prepare tasty and healthy food. Fortunately, I discovered cooking classes at Arya Bhavan! Since I have been eating Kirti’s delicious meals, I FEEL healthier and have more energy.”
Alberto Degiovanni, M.D.
“All I can say is WOW”
“I was absolutely blown away by the experience. Kirti has such a warm, positive spirit and energy! She’s the real deal! She taught us so many of her “secrets” learned from years of cooking her delicious food at Arya Bhavan. I cannot wait to test out my new authentic Indian recipes equipped with the knowledge Kirti gave us. Oh and I left completely stuffed too!”
DATE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27 | 9:30-11:30AM
Flavors of Fall
Embrace the beauty of the fall season by putting its flavors on your table through healthy recipes.
- Opo and Potato Dish: low in saturated fat and cholesterol but high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, iron, and magnesium
- Okra and Sweet Potato Dish: rich in antioxidants, iron, calcium, vitamin C, B and K1
- Vegan Indian Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie: get all the flavor and nutrients of pumpkin without the not-so-healthy ingredients that don’t really serve your body
DATE: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3 | 9:30-11:30AM
Cooking with Indian Masala
Learn to master healthy cooking with masala, a super spice mix that is a staple of Indian cuisine. One of our most popular classes!
- Masala Dosa: thin crepe stuffed with spiced potatoes and onions, served with chutney
- Chana Masala: a chickpeas-based, high-protein Indian dish and Arya Bhavan favorite
- Masala Tea: Indian spice tea
DATE: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17 | 9:30-11:30AM
Explore Gujarati Indian Cuisine
- Khaman: a fluffy, steam-cooked and curry-flavored Gujarati dish perfect for breakfast or lunch
- Undhiyu: A Gujarati dish made with a rich mix of winter vegetables
- Gluten-Free Bread
DATE: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15 | 9:30-11:30AM
Help your body fight the winter blues with homemade Indian soups that boost the immune system.
- Rasam Soup: hot & sour soup with curry
- Indian Energy Soup: sundried vegetables soup flavored with Ayurvedic Indian spices, good for your health
- Yellow Lentils Soup: classic Indian soup with ginger, garlic, cumin, tomato and onion
Register For Classes
Please note: Cancellations are accepted up to 48 hours before the start of the class.
*Indicates a required field.
Dine In Hours
Mon: 6:00 - 9:30pm
Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:30pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:30pm
Saturday Only | 12:00 - 6:00pm
After 6:00pm | a la carte menu
Delivery & Takeout Hours
Mon & Wed-Fri: 5:00 - 9:00pm
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 9:00pm
North: Evanston & Skokie ($35 min. for Skokie)
West: Cicero Avenue ($20 min.)
South: Armitage Avenue ($20 min.)
East: Lake Michigan ($20 min.)
Established in 1998, Arya Bhavan is one of the top vegan and gluten-free restaurants in Chicago, also offering a growing selection of raw dishes.
Our menu has been designed for health-conscious Chicagoans who want to enjoy authentic Indian and fusion cuisine without having to sacrifice the desire (and need) for healthy vegan, gluten-free, and raw food.
Our dishes are made with healthy ingredients and feature a careful balance of necessary nutrients for mind/body wellness.
2508 West Devon Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659